USA Weightlifting Level 1 Coaching Course @ KC Weightlifting September 30th and October 1st
USA Weightlifting Level 1
Course Description: In this two-day course, participants will gain practical information about how to safely and effectively teach how to snatch, clean, squat, and jerk as well as how to best utilize weightlifting movements for beginner lifters and sport performance athletes.
A large portion of the course is hands-on teaching, coaching, and applying the USAW five-stage progressions of the snatch, clean, and jerk. Coaches will also have the opportunity to perform mobility assessments, coach major lifts such as squats and presses, and practice correcting common technique flaws in the lifts. Throughout the course you will learn highly effective coaching tips and cues from our veteran instructors.
This course balances hands-on learning, in-depth discussions of technical progressions, and science-based programming information to help you refine your coaching skills. Gain access to proven training plans to get your athletes or clients started with Olympic lifting and enjoy the support of USAW to help you further your knowledge about training and coaching athletes. At the end of the course, participants should feel comfortable understanding and implementing a training plan, teaching beginner and intermediate athletes how to perform weightlifting movements, quickly correcting common technique errors, and employing best practices in coaching. Whether you are looking to get started coaching weightlifting, refine your coaching skills, or apply the weightlifting movements to other sports, this course is a valuable investment in your career.
The course is housed digitally inside the USAW Learning Academy and consists of eight comprehensive course modules, which can be accessed four weeks before the course begins and for as long as the coach remains certified. While there are downloadable .pdf resources available in the online course, a downloadable manual is not provided. This is to ensure all coaches always have access to the most current content.
Course modules include:
· Weightlifting Safety
· Effective Coaching
· Physical Readiness Assessments and Mobility Solutions
· Weightlifting Technique
· Teaching Progressions and Error Correction
· Program Design
· Weightlifting for Sport Performance
· American Development Model
Course Learning Outcomes
· At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
· Teach beginner and intermediate athletes how to perform weightlifting movements
· Develop and implement a training plan to improve sport performance
· Articulate how to correct faulty movements in weightlifting
· Utilize best practices in coaching weightlifting and assessing readiness to lift
· Demonstrate the ability to use the weightlifting teaching progressions to progress or regress an individual
Registration for the course requires an active USA Weightlifting Coach, or Coach and Athlete, membership. There are no additional prerequisites for this course. The course is open to anyone 17 or older. No experience with coaching or performing the lifts is required. We routinely welcome beginners and seasoned veteran coaches in our courses.
This course has a total of 13 contact hours and is eligible for CEUs and CECs through a variety of professional organizations through self-report. The course is preapproved for 1.3 NASM CEUs and 13 AAFA CEUs. For exact reporting requirements, please see our FAQs here.
Day 1: 8:00am to 5:00pm and Day 2: 8:00am to 2:00pm
Please see individual course information to confirm times.
Requirements for Certification:
In compliance with our USOPC accreditation, participants must pass the Athlete Development Model training module quiz and complete the US Center for SafeSport training as well as the Level 1 course certification exam to receive your USAW Level 1 Coach certification. For more information about the certification process, please visit our FAQs here.
Who Should Take this Course?
· Weightlifting coaches
· Strength and conditioning coaches
· Personal trainers
· Sport performance coaches
· College and university students
· Functional fitness coaches
· Anyone interested in improving weightlifting technique
Registration Information and Pricing: $549
· All course participants must be current USAW Coach or Coach and Athlete members.
· Pre-registration is required for all courses. On-site registration is not allowed.
· The registration deadline is three business days prior to the first day of the course. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries about late registration.
· Registration costs are nonrefundable. In the rare event a course is cancelled, USA Weightlifting is not responsible for any prepaid expenses incurred by participant. A refund or transfer to another date is available under this circumstance.
Benefits of Being USA Weightlifting Level 1 Certified
· Industry recognition as a weightlifting coach from the sole governing body on weightlifting in the USA
· Increased desirability as a potential hire when you seek employment in coaching and training
· Access to USAW coaching materials to support your growth as a coach
· Exclusive discounts for products, events, and services with USAW and USAW partners and sponsors
· Ability to purchase affordable and comprehensive liability insurance
· Membership with USA Weightlifting, enabling you to enjoy all the benefits of competition and camaraderie in the sport
Why Attend a USA Weightlifting Coaching Course?
· USA Weightlifting is the original and only provider of weightlifting coaching certification in the USA
· Optimal blend of high quality content, experienced coaches, and hands-on learning
· We are invested in your development and will support you as you grow in your career
Published: July 19, 2023